These Accommodation categories follow
: "Stay the Quality Assured Way"
(The AA Booklet
published by the Automobile Association SA)
Website www.aatravel.co.za E-mail: email@example.com
The accommodation providers select the category they consider the best description for their accommodation. This in no way implies that the Automobile Association has graded the establishment.
- Managed like a hotel but the accommodation offers a kitchen/
kitchenette and is usually serviced.
B&B GUEST HOUSE STYLE:
- Individually or family-owned and has under 10 rooms.
Dinner is generally not served. It is unlikely to have a liquor license. More formal than
a B&B Homestay
- As for B&B Guest House Style but you are likely to stay in the same
house as the family. Under 10 rooms, generally not serving dinner.
B&B GUEST HOUSE WITH SELF/CATERING:
- A B&B or Guest House which also offers self-catering accommodation.
- Accommodation and facilities are geared to business travellers.
The bar is usually an important element of the hotel. Families are welcome.
COUNTRY COMMERCIAL HOTEL:
- In the country, where the accommodation and
facilities are geared towards the business traveller. The bar is usually an important
element of the hotel. Families are welcome.
COUNTRY-STYLE RETREAT LARGE:
- Located in a peaceful location and offers a
tranquil, refined ambience for leisure travellers. On-site dining facilities of a high
standard may be available or the suites may be self-catering. Has 21 or more rooms.
COUNTRY-STYLE RETREAT SMALL:
- As for country-style retreat large but with fewer
than 20 rooms.
- As for Leisure Hotels but with the emphasis on affordable family
accommodation. Many leisure facilities are offered and families are welcome.
- This may be self-catering, B&B or guest house accommodation and is
usually located on a working farm where guests are invited to view the farm operations.
- Luxurious accommodation. The game experience is central to the guests’
stay. Generally within a reserve offering game drives and all meals etc. as part of the
GAME &/OR NATURE RESERVE:
- A conservation area, state or privately-owned, where
an important element is to experience nature and/or see game.
GUEST HOUSE DINNER BY ARRANGEMENT:
- An establishment with anything between
2 and 20 rooms, where dinner is available by prior arrangement. Public areas are solely
for the use of guests.
GUEST HOUSE FULL SERVICE:
- Similar to Guest House Dinner by Arrangement but
dinner is available in a restaurant-style environment.
- Accommodation located within a building. which may be a
national monument the history of which is an important element of the experience.
HOTEL/GUEST HOUSE GARNI:
- Such an establishment may have the character of a
large guest horse or even a small hotel. Breakfasts is the only meal served on site.
- Hotel-style accommodation with extensive public areas and
recreation facilities including restaurant(s) and bar(s), primarily aimed at holiday makers
but also accommodating conference visitors, business travellers and touring groups.
- May be small or large, Well-designed rooms and public areas. Top
quality decor and the highest service standards. Extensive public areas available for
quests and non-resident guests. a la carte dining, 24-hour room service and reception,
bars, concierge facilities. Likely to have conference /banqueting facilities.
LUXURY RESORT WITH VARIED ACCOMM:
- Hotel-style and/or self-catering
accommodation with public areas and recreation facilities primarily aimed at holiday
makers, but also accommodating conference visitors and executive business travellers.
- Accommodation of the highest standard set in peaceful surroundings
either in town or in the country. Personalized service is of the utmost importance.
RESORT WITH VARIED ACCOMM:
- A resort with both hotel-style ant self-catering
accommodation possibly including camping and caravan sites. Many leisure facilities
are offered and families are welcome.
- Self-contained, free-standing cottage(s)
or chalet(s) with kitchen(s) in a garden or bush setting. Generally small with limited
- Self-catering accommodation consisting at chalets,
cottages or apartments. Extensive recreational facilities and generally quite large.
May have caravan and/or camping sites.
- Self-contained units including a fully-equipped
kitchen. May be a high rise building. Generally do not have a restaurant or many
SELECTED SERVICE HOTEL BUDGET:
- Hotels offering only selected services, basic
facilities and low rates.
- Usually fewer than 30 rooms. On-site meals include breakfast
- Accommodation in African-style structures - beehive huts/mud and
thatch, rondawels/township homes etc. African culture is part of the experience.
Back to top