From: "Stay the Quality Assured Way" AA Booklet
Automobile Association SA
Website www.aatravel.co.za E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
[Abbreviations (r), (h), (s)]
- Managed like a hotel but the accommodation offers a kitchen/
kitchenette and is usually serviced.
B&B GUEST HOUSE STYLE:
- Individually or family-owned and has under 10 rooms.
Dinner is generally not served. It is unlikely to have a liquor license. More formal than
a B&B Homestay
- As for B&B Guest House Style but you are likely to stay in the same
house as the family. Under 10 rooms, generally not serving dinner.
B&B GUEST HOUSE WITH S/C:
- A B&B or Guest House which also offers self-catering accommodation.
- Accommodation and facilities are geared to business travellers.
The bar is usually an important element of the hotel. Families are welcome.
COUNTRY COMMERCIAL HOTEL:
- In the country, where the accommodation and
facilities are geared towards the business traveller. The bar is usually an important
element of the hotel. Families are welcome.
COUNTRY-STYLE RETREAT LARGE:
- Located in a peaceful location and offers a
tranquil, refined ambience for leisure travellers. On-site dining facilities of a high
standard may be available or the suites may be self-catering. Has 21 or more rooms.
COUNTRY-STYLE RETREAT SMALL:
- As for country-style retreat large but with fewer
than 20 rooms.
- As for Leisure Hotels but with the emphasis on affordable family
accommodation. Many leisure facilities are offered and families are welcome.
- This may be self-catering, B&B or guest house accommodation and is
usually located on a working farm where guests are invited to view the farm operations.
GAME &/OR NATURE RESERVE:
- A conservation area, state or privately-owned, where
an important element is to experience nature and/or see game.
GUEST HOUSE DINNER BY ARRANGEMENT:
- An establishment with anything between
2 and 20 rooms, where dinner is available by prior arrangement. Public areas are solely
for the use of guests.
GUEST HOUSE FULL SERVICE:
- Similar to Guest House Dinner by Arrangement but
dinner is available in a restaurant-style environment.
- Accommodation located within a building. which may be a
national monument the history of which is an important element of the experience.
HOTEL/GUEST HOUSE GARNI:
- Such an establishment may have the character of a
large guest horse or even a small hotel. Breakfasts is the only meal served on site.
- Hotel-style accommodation with extensive public areas and
recreation facilities including restaurant(s) and bar(s), primarily aimed at holiday makers
but also accommodating conference visitors, business travellers and touring groups.
- May be small or large, Well-designed rooms and public areas. Top
quality decor and the highest service standards. Extensive public areas available for
quests and non-resident guests. a la carte dining, 24-hour room service and reception,
bars, concierge facilities. Likely to have conference /banqueting facilities.
LUXURY RESORT WITH VARIED ACCOMM:
- Hotel-style and/or self-catering
accommodation with public areas and recreation facilities primarily aimed at holiday
makers, but also accommodating conference visitors and executive business travellers.
- Accommodation of the highest standard set in peaceful surroundings
either in town or in the country. Personalized service is of the utmost importance.
RESORT WITH VARIED ACCOMM:
- A resort with both hotel-style ant self-catering
accommodation possibly including camping and caravan sites. Many leisure facilities
are offered and families are welcome.
- Self-contained, free-standing cottage(s)
or chalet(s) with kitchen(s) in a garden or bush setting. Generally small with limited
- Self-catering accommodation consisting at chalets,
cottages or apartments. Extensive recreational facilities and generally quite large.
May have caravan and/or camping sites.
- Self-contained units including a fully-equipped
kitchen. May be a high rise building. Generally do not have a restaurant or many
SELECTED SERVICE HOTEL BUDGET:
- Hotels offering only selected services, basic
facilities and low rates.
- Usually fewer than 30 rooms. On-site meals include breakfast
- Accommodation in African-style structures - beehive huts/mud and
thatch, rondawels/township homes etc. African culture is part of the experience.
AA Quality Assured Accommodation [ (r), (h) & (s) in CABI Pages]
Establishments which have been AA inspected get the Status AA Recommended, AA Highly Recommended or AA Superior.
An AA Recommended [(r) in the CABI pages] means this establishment has been found to meet the required standards which ensure that you stay in clean, well maintained accommodation that is appropriately run according to its type.
AA Highly Recommended [(h) in the CABI pages] means that the establishment has reached exceptional levels in certain of the prescribed criteria.
AA Superior [(s) in the CABI pages] means that the establishment excels in every respect.
For more information contact AA Accommodation Services at email@example.com
Back to top